There are two popular opinions in the minds of everybody about art: either it is something great and everyone should involve themselves into some kind of art or art has no point other than being just a hobby which isn’t worth anyone’s time. But art is actually very important and beneficial for everyone.
1. Art is therapeutic: The recent spike in popularity in adult colouring books is just one of the many examples of how art can be therapeutic and help benefit someone. Anyone can use these books to wind down and relax after a hard day of work and see some art therapy in action or in gaze at their arts in a sacred place after meditating. Art therapy is also used for mental escapes from several illnesses, depression, and dyslexia.
2. Art comes in many forms: Because the definition of art is such wide, often people can find solace in some kind of art form that they enjoy. Art can be many things, such as drawing or painting, computer art, making sculptures, crafting, or photography. Just to name a few.
3.A different way of communication: People have the power to express themselves in multitudes of ways, including the way they dress, with the help of writing, or how they present themselves on social media. Art is different from everything because it can be so abstract or very representational when warranted.
4.Essential for childhood development: Art can teach the kid some of the important things for brain development such as motor skills and recognising colours. If children are not allowed to interact with colour and crafts, their fine motor skills would not be developed adequately and their ability to identify colours correctly would be less developed than other kids of the same age.
A sacred space is a special area in your home, garden or backyard that you can go to any moment to vent out the stress and tune yourself into peace. It is a space of just pure being. A place where you can to reflect, read, write and unwind… a place just for you.
Majority of the people automatically associate a sacred space with a religion or with religious practice, but it doesn’t necessarily always have to be the case. While it actually helps you to deepen their spirituality with the help of prayer and meditation; it can simply be a place where we keep all the things, we love to spend time with. Regardless of what the room is being used for, a sacred space is a place for you to just be you.
The most important thing is that it feels like it is your own and that it’s quiet, comforting, relaxing and calming. If you can sit close to the ground, even better because it will keep you grounded. Also, you can keep out all the negative energies by following these three basic rules:
1. Clearing the Area – It is always helpful when you clear the space from clutter, visual distractions, noise pollution and anything that aims to fill it with negative energy.
2. Understanding Your Intention – Your sacred space is a place just for you where you would be meditating, praying or just reflect or contemplate your day, write, daydream, etc… Make sure that you don’t answer emails or calls, spend time surfing the internet, or watch TV in your sacred space.
3. Using Aromatics – When you use aromatherapy, essential oils and incense to clear out any negative energy and bring about a positive mental state, centre your mind and let go of all the distractions.